Why developers love biNu
What do developers love about biNu?
- Access to a large and growing group of users who are keen consumers of content on their mobile devices. Over 4 billion people have a mobile phone today – the majority of them are cheaper phones connected to slow networks.
- Ease and speed of creation of biNu apps. biNu apps are simply webapps that run in the cloud. Developers do not need any knowledge of mobile device platforms such as Android, J2ME, Blackberry, etc. as the client to run on each platform is provided by biNu. The apps only need to output XML to define pages that are delivered to the biNu Server, interpreted and then sent to the biNu clients on the handsets. Using existing technologies means that new developers can be up to speed in far less time and be productive a lot sooner. Speed to market maximizes development ROI.
- Low cost solution. Signing up to the biNu Developer Beta platform is free and you can create as many apps as you like. This makes biNu a low cost, but high quality option for developers.
- Ease of conversion of existing apps from other platforms. The simplicity and flexibility of biNu allows developers to easily and quickly re-purpose existing content from other platforms so that is can be accessible by the millions of people who still use mass-market devices with smaller screens, running on slower networks.
These benefits are achieved through the advanced technical features of the biNu Platform which are:
- Handset Support – biNu apps run on almost all handsets available in the world today, even low-end mass market devices running on slower networks.
- Automatic Device Adaption – the biNu Client user interface automatically adapts to each device
- Dynamic and Flexible – biNu apps only need to be downloaded and installed on the handset once. Apps and content can be modified or updated independent of the handset. This is because the application doesn’t actually run on the phone – it runs on a web server. The “app” on the phone is effectively just a bookmark to the actual app.
- “Push” Data Updates – biNu Platform allows true “push” capability to update on-screen data without need for user-requested refresh, for example live stock prices and live sports scores updated on screen
- Multilingual Support – biNu Server uses server-side processing and screen rendering which enables text display in multiple languages and scripts, irrespective of the pre-installed languages on the mobile device
- Fast Application Development – biNu apps can be hosted anywhere on the Internet and developed using any technologies as long as they deliver end-user content to the biNu Service in XML format that conforms to the biNu schema
- Re-purpose Existing Web Content – existing online content and services can easily and quickly be converted into compelling mass market mobile biNu applications